- Full diagnostic capabilities, including cell life tracking that communicates remaining hours of cell life in real-time. Captures all performance data daily (production settings, hours of operation, chlorine output, cell cleaning cycles, salt readings, and water temperature averages)
- Push-button operation and easy-to-view displays enable fast checking of salt levels, cell cleanliness, sanitizer output, and water flow
- Automatic shut-off feature protects the unit and prolongs cell life under low water temperature conditions
- On-time cycling prevents calcium and scale build-up to maximize cell life
- Ability to communicate with IntelliTouch, EasyTouch and SunTouch Automation Systems
- Certified to UL 1081 standard for safety
Electrolytic chlorine generation (or salt chlorine generation) with IntelliChlor Salt Chlorinator is the easiest, most effective, and convenient way to keep your pool water sparkling clean and sanitized. The IntelliChlor Salt Chlorinator uses table salt to produce all the chlorine your pool needs, right in your pool safely, effectively, and automatically. An Eco Select Choice: Using only natural table salt, the IntelliChlor Salt Chlorinator automatic chlorine generator creates pure chlorine in the pool and eliminates the need to buy, store, and add harsh chlorine products manually. In effect, fewer resources are used in the production, packaging, and transportation of these chemical compounds.
IntelliChlor? Salt Chlorine Generator
The IntelliChlor salt chlorinator uses a process known as electrolysis to produce Sodium Hypochlorite (liquid chlorine) from a low concentration of salt added to the pool water. Hypochlorite kills bacteria, oxidizes organic material, and kills algae, then reverts back to salt. IntelliChlor then reuses the salt and the process starts over again. The IntelliChlor system is comprised of the Power Center and Electrolytic Cell. The IntelliChlor Electronic Chlorine Generator system consists of one or more of the following:
Power Center (P/N 520556): Provides power and controls communication to and from the IntelliChlor cell.
IC 20 Cell (P/N 520554): Designed for pools up to 20,000 U.S. gallons (75,000 liters). The cell will produce the equivalent of 0.70 pounds of pure chlorine per 24 hours of continuous pool pump run time. The IC20 cell uses two terminal blades and five bi-polar blades.
IC 40 Cell (P/N 520555): Designed for pools up to 40,000 U.S. gallons (150,000 liters). The cell will produce the equivalent of 1.40 pounds of pure chlorine per 24 hours of continuous pool pump run time. The cell uses three terminal blades and ten bi-polar blades.
IC 60 Cell (P/N 521105): Designed for pools up to 60,000 U.S. gallons (227,124 liters). The cell will produce the equivalent of 2 lbs. of pure chlorine per 24 hours of continuous pool pump run time. The IC60 cell uses a total of 15 blades (three terminal and twelve bi-polar blades).
IntelliChlor dummy bypass cell (P/N 520588): Recommended for new pool start-up.
Pack Height: 16.75
Pack Width: 6.25
Pack Depth: 7.50
Pentair Intellichlor(R) IC40 Salt Chlorinator Cell; Capacity: 40000 gal; Chlorine Output: 1.4 lb/Day; Includes: 2 Inch Union; 15 ft Cord; 1/Carton; For Use With: Intellichlor(R) Salt Chlorine Generator